Located almost exactly in the middle of the state, Payson, Arizona, offers a variety of attractions for all ages. Payson Care Center, on the south side of town, has easy access to the city’s attractions and the Beeline Highway. For a day trip, we suggest:
- Payson, Arizona’s Cool Mountain Town, the visitors bureau for the city, gives links to events, attractions, restaurants, hotels and shops in the area.
- The Tonto National Forest offers a variety of locations for outdoor activities, including Mazatzal Peak.
- Hosting two rodeos, including the World’s Oldest Continuous Rodeo, the Payson Pro Rodeo Committee provides information about both events, including ticket sales, schedules and history.
- The Rim Country Museum includes information about its historic attractions, such as the oldest Forest Ranger Station, Herron Hotel and Zane Grey Cabin.
- The Shoofly Village Ruin, occupied around 1000 A.D., includes more than 79 structures surrounded by walls.